Sometimes, I forget.
I forget how important it is to speak life and love into my husband. I forget how that doesn’t have to be complicated. It just has to be intentional.
Like, when I give my husband a compliment before we go to bed.
Or when I get up and pack his lunch before he heads for work.
Or when I give him a back rub.
Or even when I take 10 seconds to pray with him before he walks out the door.
It’s so easy to forget. To take for granted that he feels loved in the middle of this mess of raising little people to be big people.
But I know how life-giving it is for me to just feel a little love from him. And how soul-crushing it is to feel even the slightest bit taken for granted.
And, trust me. I get it.
I get not sleeping. Not showering. Making lists of things to talk about. Feeling like we only talk about the kids. Or schedules. Or where one of us put our car keys.
So for you, for me, for all of us, I’m making a list. A list of super-simple things we can do today to show our husbands that we love them.
You can do 1, 5, or all of them. Every day.
Just take this chance to show your husband just how much he means to you.
Are you ready?
50+ Ways to Say ‘I Love You’ to Your Husband
- give him a 15 second kiss
- hug him and bury your head under his chin
- hold his hand under the kitchen table at dinner
- make his favorite meal
- pick up his favorite meal
- order one book off of his Amazon wishlist
- iron his work clothes
- put away his laundry
- make his favorite dessert
- jump in the shower with him
- invite him to jump in the shower with you
- have lunch with him at work
- write a sticky note affirmation and put it on his steering wheel
- tell him he looks handsome
- encourage him to do something he loves for a few hours
- snuggle up to him in bed
- ask him to choose tonight’s show
- tell him you enjoyed learning something from a book or documentary you watched together
- sit next to him at dinner
- do his thing with him – football, hiking, fishing, whatever
- don’t try to talk to him during his thing – just do it with him
- go to bed at the same time as he does
- do his three priority chores each day [LINK]
- make sure he has clean underwear
- make sure his undies don’t have holes in them
- sit next to him so that you are touching when you watch TV
- put your hand on his arm while he talks to you
- play with his hair
- have a good old-fashioned thumb war
- lay in bed together
- leave a note on the coffee maker
- tell him he’s a good husband
- tell him he’s a good daddy
- tell him he’s a good provider
- tell him he’s successful
- and how he’s successful
- pick up a treat for him
- send him some mail
- listen to his interests
- buy him something to encourage his interests
- encourage him when he gets you something
- listen to his hopes and dream
- get him the start of a bigger project, like a switch or a saw blade
- think of one memory from dating and share it with him
- deliver a special dessert to him at work
- ask him for something you can pray for him about
- sign up for a class or watch a youtube video on something that interests him and then talk with him about it
- ask him about his day first
- kiss him when he walks in the door
- get the kids excited that daddy is home
- make him a play list for his drive to work
- work out with him
- do a crossword puzzle together
I want to keep adding to this list! So tell me what you’ve got! Add it in the comments and I’ll add it to the list!!
Thanks for doing life with me friends!